• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC loses links to render files?

Contributor ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render an area, save the project, close the program and load the project, and the previously rendered area comes up red again.  Alternately, close the project and reload it, and you may or may not be asked to relink.

Anyone else seeing this?  The render files are still there; but the links are apparently lost -- and irrevocably, once you close program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 167 Replies 167
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, here is what I have found:

All warp stabilization done within Premiere CC itself loses it's render upon restart.   I also tried exporting to After Effects to use Warp Stabilizer there, but when I restart Premiere I get the same result by doing that.  I don't remember that happening with older versions of Premiere, so I don't get why this is happening now.  Also, I have a sequence that I made heavy use of Red Giant Denoiser II. (I'm using the trial version right now to see if I should purchase it.  I don't know if the paid version would be any different.)  Again, upon restarting Premiere every single clip with the Denoiser effect has to be rerendered, and Denoiser takes a LONG TIME to render anyway, so this is more than a little annoying.  My guess is that, since this problem exists WITHIN premiere's own warp stabilizer effect, that the problem on on your side and not to be blamed on the third party publishers.

I really need to be able to rely on your software.  Please fix now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen lost render files - specifically rendered warp stabilizer files - on 2 different systems that I edit on.  In fact, if I duplicate a sequence that has rendered warp stabilizer files, those files IMMEDIATELY become unrendered in the new sequence.  This has cost me a great deal of time re-rendering, and I've got some very frustrated clients.

I'd greatly appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Problem solved for me by moving the render files folder to the internal hard disk drive. (New MacPro with SSD).

Everything stays connected now !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2015 Jan 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you move already rendered sequence? I just started new preview folders on the internal HD and no difference.

I am running the latest latest version. This is CRAZY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, no common denominator.  Running the December update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the solution 

right click on clip which you rendered but shows red bar 

check option scale to frame size and click it

That's all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

This has been a large issue for me and was driving me crazy. This resolved the issue immediately. It is obviously a bug with Adobe, but I would never have thought to try this.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, and at least for the project I'm working on the problem was related to the lack of metadata in my camera files.  Essentially Premiere cannot get handles on the native media when it reopens and therefore cannot display the associated preview files.  Once I transcoded to anything else (DPX, AVI, etc,) all preview renders are retained.  I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all of the workarounds suggested in the various threads. None of them work for me. But I did find something that staunches the bleeding a bit.

Curiously, I've noticed that if a clip has a warp stabilizer effect applied to it Premiere will sometimes erase the clip's preview file from the preview folder when the application closes. In some cases that's why the clip has turned red again when you relaunch Premiere - the preview file no longer exists. (If you keep the preview folder open while Premiere closes you can sometimes actually see your warp-infected preview files vanish. And I do mean vanish. They don't move to the trash or anywhere else as far as I can tell.)

But this is not consistent behavior. Just as often the preview file isn't erased but Premiere loses track of it anyway. 

The awkward workaround I'm now using is to make a copy of the preview file generated by anything with a warp stabilizer effect. Then I drag the copy to my sequence, inserting it on the track above the original clip. I don't use the original preview file because often it evaporates on program close. The copy, however, seems to always survive an application shutdown.

This workaround isn't pretty, but it beats having to re-render large swaths of my sequences every single time I open Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another convert to Premiere Pro CC from FCP 7 here.

I'm having the same issue. From what I gather there's a few things that set this off and I'm using all of them in my project.

ProRes files

Warp Stabilizer

External drive via thunderbolt

One or all three of these factors seem to contribute. Like other people have said I'm amazed that this still exists as it's been around since the CS6 or even CS5 days...

The empty sequence solution hasn't worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issues.

I use:

ProRes files

Warp Stabilizer

I'm on the newest Imac OSX 10.9.2

Please Adobe fix it!

I can't render for 30min every time I open Premiere. This is a major reason why I can't use Premiere for supervised sessions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too:

ProRes files

Warp Stabilizer

I'm OSX 10.9.3.

I so want to make Premiere the only NLE I use but this is giving me renewed respect for Avid. The really frustrating thing is that Premiere is so close to being fantastic, but problems with the basics keep letting it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Red Giant effects, and having the same issue...also notice the audio clips won't export to audition as in previous editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha ha, OK I am not the only one it seems.

I am using ProRes files and an external thunderbolt RAID. My footage is dynamically linked to an AE project that I need to render in the Premiere timeline to even have playback. When I close the project for the night, I lose the dynamic link, and the render files. Frustrating (btw it's a multi hour render). I agree with someone above, coming from FCP,  Premiere has so much going for it, I'm actually quite impressed with some features like Dynamic linking and the multicam workflow, but then there is these little issues that just should be right but aren't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I found a solution on Windows 7 64bits :

This worked for me, even with the stabilizer :

1 - render what you want, and get the "greeen" line.

2- save, close project, close PP

3- open Premiere Pro, do NOT open your project via le .prproj file

4- wait few seconds and open your project via Premiere Pro interface (hopefully via "recent project" tab)

5- Wait until all your media are loaded before doing anything, this can take a minute or so

I always lost the rendered files, and now I keep it when going through this steps. I NEVER double click on .prproj files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 20, 2015 Mar 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think I was impatient before. What appears to be unrendered will turn green if I wait a bit. That being said, I think I was genuinely having a problem before, but it seems sorted out now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. Even if I shortened a stabilised clip the entire clip has to be re-rendered. Very poor adobe. FIX THIS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago, I re-opened an old project file from last year, and Premiere CC suddenly lost the ability to keep linked to the render files. Tried the blank sequence fix to no avail.

I was having to re-render a nested sequence everytime I changed anything - even the titles from the original sequence. It was driving me crazy as it was a 30 min render each time... Googled and read what i could for an hour or so... I wondered if it was a single clip with warp stabiliser at fault - I re-analyzed, but then that clip no longer stayed rendered either! (it was in the original sequence - not the new nested one)

...but then I just tried re-saving the project file (save as - with a different file name - to the same location on an external drive as the original project file) - et voila!  Premiere is now behaving again!  It Works perfectly!  The newly saved project file keeps linked to all its render files.  I even tried just rendering small sections across the timeline. Opened, closed, rebooted - its all still there...   I didn't have to remove any plugins or deactivate them from within the project

This might not work for everyone, but give it a go!   It would be great if we could FORCE a re-link to rendered clips or any media, just for this sort of issue in future..  Adobe are you listening?... how about bringing back the jog/shuttle as a menu option?  It is still there when you F5 import!  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Strangely it doesn't fix it for me. So PLEASE ADOBE - sort this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a little addendum to this discussion - I had the sequence referred to above with perfectly linked green preview files - then I downloaded the Premiere CC 2014 update - when I opened the project in 2014 - it had to be "converted" - and now the previews are broken again - although I still have the previous CC version installed and when I launch that and open the original project - they are still linked in that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2014 May 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem not only occurs in CC, but also in CS6. It's definitely connected to the Warp Stabilizer effect - and it's very ennoying! The specific render-files exist but Premiere does'nt keep track of them. I use the workaround to rename them, import them in the project and use them as ordinary clips. But please, Adobe, repair this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2014 May 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not directly tied to the Warp Stabilizer effect since I lose links to my preview files and I never use that effect. Saving to an empty project helps reduce the number of times this happens but it's not a solution. This problem never happened in CS5.5, it started in CS6 and continues in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any closer to sorting this?  I have this issue but don't have any warp stabiliser effects applied, all my clips have been replaced with After Effects Compositions.

I have all my media stored on an external drive, with the project files and preview files stored locally on my computers hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to add to this that I had the same problem and what fixed it for me was to disable my internal Intel 4000 HD GPU in BIOS. When running only on my GTX 770 everything works fine! (OS X 10.9.4, Hackintosh build)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been Ruining My Life

My files are on an external HD, which may be related part of the issue.. However, it's hit and miss.. One night I'll open the project and the opens fine, with renders in tact. Next day I'll open and they're lost..

More often than not, the renders are lost. This is so incredibly painful to have to render for 25+ mins before I can work on the project 💔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines