Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEA708 Subtitles won't shows up after exportation

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys !

I'm struggling so much for such a small amount of work..

I have to add some subtitles for a 2min long video which contains only 10 lines of talking in the whole video and i already spent nearly 10hours trying to figure out how to do it even after atching tons of videos.... So i selected CEA-708 ( because that's what i HAVE to use ) i wrote everything, it shows up on my preview monitor ( BTW with HUGE S  P  A  C  E   B  E  T  W  E  E  N   L  E  T  T  E  R  S  (see screenshot!) ) I thought well maybe after rending/exporting it will change. But i tried everything i could do ( i need subtitles directly on the video, so no SRT file ! ) , but when i'm rending the whole project, and open the final video with VLC, i don't have any subtitles appearing... And seriously it starts to piss me off because that should not be that hard to just add subtitles... Even in the setting of the subtitles to change size ou font or anything  itwon't change a single thing on the preview monitor.. And at the end NO SUBTITLES After exportingthe video from  PP to my mp4 ou anykind of video type.... Please if anyone can help me !

Thank you very much !

C1.png

c2.png

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's clarify your goal, because what you describe does not make sense to me. Here are some examples. Clarify, and I'll see what we can do.

>open the final video with VLC

Is that your plan, for users to playback with VLC? Or Youtube? Or via DVD on a TV? Critical to know this.

>i selected CEA-708 ( because that's what i HAVE to use )

CEA-708 (or 608) are CLOSED CAPTIONs. That is the way they look in PR, because they were designed for the user to set their format and to be carried in the TV signal and turned on or off as the user wished. Are you sure you have to have CEA-708?

>i need subtitles directly on the video, so no SRT file !

Do you mean you want them "burned in" so the user cannot turn them off?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines