• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Center Timeline on Playhead?

Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the goto next marker keyboard command, and oftent the playhead will be at the edge of the timeline....which is not what I need.

How can I center the timeline on the playhead after I hit goto next marker?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's a matter of zoom . If you're zoomed enough it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are not talking the same language. "works fine"? no....I need to stay at my current zoom level and also keypress to the next marker so I can make an edit AT that zoom level. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom (the timeline, not your media) in or out and then back to your original zoom and it will center it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I've jut found your post, and I'm asking for excatly the same feature:
- Just a shortcut to center the playhead on the timeline when it's reaching the edges. And I don't want tu use 'smooth scroll' option. But it does not seem to exist yet. Adobe, please, that would be simple to add that, otherwise, as mentionned, we need to press 2 keys...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post here where the Adobe engineers read each thread:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, I'll do it. Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish this were a feature as well...I'm surprised it's not already a feature in Premiere. Seems like an extremely basic and necessary thing. There's the option of toggling on "Smooth Scroll" in Timeline settings, which just makes the timeline ALWAYS centered on the playhead. The result is it looks like the playhead stays fixed in the center of your timeline, while your timeline is the thing that scrolls instead. It's extremely nauseating and I couldn't imagine trying to actually work with that mode.

The closest solution I've found is just holding Shift and scrolling my mouse wheel up/down as needed. Not sure if that will help with your situation, since you're potentially dealing with very large distances between markers where it wouldn't be practical to scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse me if this is redundant or doesn't apply appropriately...

For me, the best solution is (as my left hand consistently hovers over the keyboard anyway...) with timeline panel selected, I just hit zoom shortcuts -/_  or  =/+  in the numbers "row", (upper right of the p key). These zoom short cuts always center to the playhead so even when not centered, it centers as soon as I start zooming in and out via these shortcuts. None of the hot key/cursor scrollings have this centering orientation to the playhead. it's possible with no mouse input and used the arrow keys to jump to edits, or (cntrl/shft M) to bounce and zoom all around your edit or marker spots and make refinements to timings/trims or mods to keyframes, pop down to the next trans or next marker via the ARROW or shortcut for "go to next marker" SHFT  M (as you know) and it is remaining centered on the play head, zoomming in and out with the -/+ keys will force the zoom to remain centered on the play head with minus/plus in number row. All good and the mouse is not involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't realize one cannot edit a post here. I'll write and review futures posts prior to posting here from now on to aid in elimination of misspellings, bad grammar, and indications I work for the department of redundancy department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Late to the party I know, but absolutely - a perfect solution, all you need do is hit "+", "-" in quick succession and the zoom level will remain the same. If you use an editing controller, simply program a macro to do the same, or if you really need one key to do it, use a program like autohotkey.

<br>
~ David Sweeney-Bear ~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines