• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP plugin development: window.top.location.replace() crashes CEPHtmlEngine.exe

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CEP plugin development: window.top.location.replace(anyUrl) call immediately crashes CEPHtmlEngine.exe in Premiere Pro 2020 (Windows 10 environment) when executed NOT from script context while page loading. The same code works fine in Premiere Pro 2019.

This works in both Premiere Pro 2020 and 2019:

<!doctype html><html><head>
<script type="text/javascript">window.top.location.replace('test.html');</script>
</head><body>Test Local Redirect Page</body></html>

This crashes CEPHtmlEngine.exe after pressing a button in Premiere Pro 2020, but works fine in Premiere Pro 2019:

<!doctype html><html><head></head><body>
<button onclick="window.top.location.replace('test.html')">Test Local Redirect</button>
</body></html>

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Tracking as CEP-1979. I'll keep the thread informed of our progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracking as CEP-1979. I'll keep the thread informed of our progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to accept it's something I'm doing wrong but some advice would be great as this is a complete roadblock for me and I find nothing usefull in the logs and not sure how to precede. The issue is that my CEP extension loads a webpage which it does fine. but its a login screen and any form submitions kills the thing. a complete refresh. Like I said there is no issue on mac this is only affecting windows. How can I solve this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem while running the previously implemented Microsoft Active Directory authentification flow which requires several redirects to happen to be actually logged-in into AD. As I described, the same code was working fine across all the platforms, but it does not work in the latest Premiere Pro 2020 in Windows environment, but it works fine on Mac with the same latest Premiere Pro 2020.

I already tried tonns of work-arounds to make the redirects happen normally, but without any success. So, I think we must wait until Adobe check the issue and create a fix for the CEP engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and I don't think you're doing anything wrong, StephenPelling. Look at the sample extension source codes in my initial post. What can be simpler?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work for you now after the latest update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it still does not work with Adobe Premiere Pro Version 14.3.0 (Build 38)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this causing the whole panel to act as if its been reloaded as thats what i'm experiencing. Same code appears to work fine on mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Exactly. Seems all the panel's CEPHtmlEngine process got crashed (or silently exited wwith error code) and next auto-restarted which causing fully reloading of the panel. This happens only on Windows. On Mac the same panel/code works as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines