• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP PPro how to get transport, playback state ?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'd like to know if there is any existing attributes or a methods in the Premiere Pro CEP API which could indicate if an active sequence has playback activated / running.

Ideally having an event getting triggered everytime a user is starting/stopping the playback of a sequence would be amazing.

for example i'm trying to sync a CEP audio timeline with the premiere main timeline.

Kindly

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

There's no messaging around playback state. 

You can get the player position, within a sequence: https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/blob/63f176a4903b9be9e6aa73133ae689a3904f78c8/PProPanel/jsx/PPRO/Premiere.jsx#L1501

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no messaging around playback state. 

You can get the player position, within a sequence: https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/blob/63f176a4903b9be9e6aa73133ae689a3904f78c8/PProPanel/jsx/PPR...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx @Bruce Bullis for the fast answer.

It's a pity that such a flag or event doesn't exist in the API. it would be a game changer to have it. is there a place for CEP feature request?

I also though to watch the player position but it won't work because a simple user interaction with the timeline could trigger the watcher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What functionality would such messaging enable? [Which game would it change?]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case, I need to sync a tone.js audio sequencer with a premiere sequence.

having an event telling that premiere transport has started/stopped will allow CEP users to easily sync premiere transport with any creative librairies using timeline or transport concept.

stuff like three.js(3d animation) tone.js(audio) or any others animation library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines