Highlighted

CEP SDK: Render frames from sequences into buffers.

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CEP SDK changelog for Premiere Pro 13.x lists the a feature "'Render frames from sequences" described as "Render frames from sequences into buffers.".

I looked theough the sample panel code and the diff for what was added in 13.x and I don't see any examples for how to use this feature. Is there an example somewhere I'm missing? What API call would allow me to render a frame into a buffer? Is there something like:

var buffer = sequence.exportFramePNG(time)

Topics

How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CEP SDK: Render frames from sequences into buffers.

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CEP SDK changelog for Premiere Pro 13.x lists the a feature "'Render frames from sequences" described as "Render frames from sequences into buffers.".

I looked theough the sample panel code and the diff for what was added in 13.x and I don't see any examples for how to use this feature. Is there an example somewhere I'm missing? What API call would allow me to render a frame into a buffer? Is there something like:

var buffer = sequence.exportFramePNG(time)

Topics

How to, SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll find

Here's code that renders .png files from the sequence: 

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/blob/715fa08b3f267e0183221205353079fc7f8f6d00/PProPanel/jsx/PPR...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this! I saw that code, but it appears this code is writing the PNG file to disk and not to a buffer:

var outputPath = new File("~/Desktop");
			var outputFileName = outputPath.fsName + $._PPP_.getSep() + time + '___' + activeSequence.name;
			activeSequence.exportFramePNG(time, outputFileName);

I was hoping to be able to render directly into a buffer in memory, which is what I hoped the changelog meant when it says "Render frames from sequences into buffers." By "into buffers" does it mean to a file on disk? Is there a way to render directly into a buffer in memory (in any format)?

I was planning on doing video/sequence analysis completely in Javascript to avoid having to ship compiled code, but having to render each frame to disk and read it back seems wasteful and slower than doing everything in memory.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
bbb_999 LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for specifics...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines