Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certain Multicam Sequences dropping frames and not others

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I've been using premiere pro for a short while now and can usually troubleshoot any issues I run into within the program (thanks, YouTube) but there's one I can't seem to figure out.

Within the same project, I have multiple multicam sequences- all shot on the same cameras with no change in settings on either of the cameras. But sometimes, after I create the multicam sequence, one of the sequences drops frames the entire clip while the other one's playback with no issues. I don't change any settings on the sequences when I create each of them either, only the name of the clip. Changing playback quality does nothing for the clips that are glitching out. 

I've also checked the raw footage to make sure nothings wrong and they playback with no issues as well. Any idea what this is and how to correct it?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe your computer is running out of juice. You didn't mention the computer specs or the format/codec of the files - things we need to know to help. I use a proxy workflow with and without multicam's whenever I have h.264 footage and it works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with MyerPJ, the proxy workflow is the way to go with multicam projects.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, guys. I got it figured out! Appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't let us know what it is... best keep the secret?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines