• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Certain Video Clips Lag In Preview

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to clarify that I am a Twitch streamer, and I download my VODs to edit them into videos in Premiere Pro.

System Specs: Ryzen 7 3700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 32 GB DDR4.

I use OBS Studio for all video encoding for both streaming and recording. When loading recordings to the timeline in Premiere Pro, the recordings playback in the preview window just fine. However, when loading a Twitch VOD into the timeline, playback would immediately drop frames and continue to lag. I found that the audio playback did not lag, unlike the video playback.

I used to not have this problem a few weeks ago. However, one time I launched Premiere Pro, and there was a pop-up window indicating that there was a graphics driver incompatibility issue. So I took action and downgraded the driver, but I still had the same problem.

At first, I thought maybe some sequence settings did not line up with the settings of the Twitch VODs, but I am no expert when it comes to this.

Much help is appreciated!

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen recordings are often variable frame rate which Premiere has problems with.  Unfortunately these problems are inconsistent and difficult to predict.

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where in MediaInfo can I find out if the video has a variable framerate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

drag the clip into the media info window.  go to view: text or tree (I've never figured out why tree isn't always available) and scroll down til you see frame rate mode

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 3.48.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines