• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Aspect Ratio of an edited project?

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I messed up! I managed to do my whole project in 4:3 aspect ratio. The footage i edited was 16:9 so there were black bars on top and bottom of the footage while I edited. Then, I finished the project and now it’s surrounded by black bars when I try to play it in a 16:9 player. I should have just set the project to 16:9! I am a newbie and relied on some coworkers who knew more about this stuff to setup my project and we must have overlooked the aspect ratio settings.

Sigh. Is there anyway I can change the aspect ratio of all the work I’ve done on my movie? There has to be a trick! Super stressed at the moment.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Right click on the sequence in the project window and select Sequence Settings. Adjust parameters.

Might need to do some adjustments in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the sequence in the project window and select Sequence Settings. Adjust parameters.

Might need to do some adjustments in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I ended up going into the Sequence Settings, changing it to 1920x1080 (16:9) and then yeah, resizing many of my clips to fit the 16:9 size. Project saved! Thanks again, your matter-of-fact response encouraged me to see this as a solveable issue. Take care!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my case I was compositing a bunch of mostly still images, and I didn't realize that the aspect ratio would be set to whatever random resolution of the first image I dropped into the timeline.  So then when you go in and change it in Sequence Settings, you have to manually reposition every single image clip so that they look right.  Quite a painful mistake, and it seems like producing media for different aspect ratios is something people would need to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines