Highlighted

change default focus for alt-tab

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i change premiere pro settings so that if i alt-tab into premiere, the default window focus is the timeline? every time i alt-tab into premiere, I have to press shift+3 to change the focus to the timeline. this means i am pressing shift+3 a lot throughout the day. is there any way to set the default focus to the timeline? 

thank you in advance for your help

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

change default focus for alt-tab

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i change premiere pro settings so that if i alt-tab into premiere, the default window focus is the timeline? every time i alt-tab into premiere, I have to press shift+3 to change the focus to the timeline. this means i am pressing shift+3 a lot throughout the day. is there any way to set the default focus to the timeline? 

thank you in advance for your help

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 24, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open on the last focus selected window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please explain in more detail? is there a setting somewhere i can modify? i typed variations of "on on the last focus selecetd window" in help and it yielded no results

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried googling "Open on the last focus selected window" and did not find anything related to my issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no setting.

For example focus is set on Source Monitor and you alt tab to a different program and then alt tab back to Premiere focus will still be on the Source Monitor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere does not work that way on my computer. i can be in premiere, there is a blue box drawn around timeline to indicate it is in focus. i alt-tab out of premiere. i alt-tab back in. the focus is somewhere else (i don't know where). i have to press shift+3 to make the focus back to the timeline. how do i stop this from happening? i am on version 12.0.0 if that makes a difference.

here is some additional information:

1. i am using a 2 monitor setup

2. the "program" window is on one monitor and every other panel is on the other monitor

3. if the "program" window has focus and i alt-tab out of premiere and then back in, the focus actually does stay on "program".

4. if i am on the "media browser", "timeline", or any other panel, and alt-tab twice, the focus seems to be nowhere (i have to press shift+3 to change focus to timeline)

5. i am using macOS 10.12.6

thanks again for any help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 monitor setup might be the culprit.

Set timeline on main screen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately that is not an option for me. is there any other possible solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can also confirm that setting timeline to the main screen does not resolve the problem

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does no one else have this problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0
Averdahl LATEST
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don´t have that problem, but i am using one monitor instead of two and on Windows. Have you tried to run Premiere Pro in one monitor configuration to see if it works, for testing purposes only?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0