Highlighted

Change default of "source range" in export settings

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change the default value of source range from "in/out" to "entire sequence?

I almost never want to export in/out and have been bitten a few times when I mistakenly exported and sent a partial sequence instead of the whole thing.

Also, exporting from the source side defaults to "entire clip", wnere I almost always want only in/out when exporting a clip from source.  The two defaults are backwards IMHO and hopefully there is a setting where I can change it.

I'm using (reluctantly because adobe forced me to use when I upgared my computer) Premiere 2019

TOPICS
Editing, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Change default of "source range" in export settings

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change the default value of source range from "in/out" to "entire sequence?

I almost never want to export in/out and have been bitten a few times when I mistakenly exported and sent a partial sequence instead of the whole thing.

Also, exporting from the source side defaults to "entire clip", wnere I almost always want only in/out when exporting a clip from source.  The two defaults are backwards IMHO and hopefully there is a setting where I can change it.

I'm using (reluctantly because adobe forced me to use when I upgared my computer) Premiere 2019

TOPICS
Editing, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 09, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cardeiro,

Sorry about this. As far as I know, Source Range always picks the selection defined on the timeline. If you have any selection made on the timeline you may clear that selection before trying to export. In case you have not defined any selection then Entire Sequence and Sequence In/Out will result in the same Source Range. Also, I agree with your point that defining a range on the clip should be respected when sending that clip for Export and the Source Range should not set to Entire Clip in that case. I will discuss this with the team.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the default being  'entire sequence' would be great, though bitten a few times when there has been a small clip lost down the timeline that results in blank export after program ends. My standard process wne exporting is to hit the backslash key to widen the sequence to it's full width, check for anything after the program ends, then hit option - x (on Mac) to turn off any in/outs and then export. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what would be great imho would be a preference to set the default behavior.  For me, most of the time, I would prefere "export entire sequence" as the default behavior when exporting a sequence, and "export from in to out" when exporting from the source monitor... which I think is exactly the opposite of what occurs now...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  Over and over again I have accidentally rendered/exported a random subset of my project.

It should stick to the same value (ie whole sequence or in/out) it used on the last export.  All the other settings same the same, why not this one too?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 1