• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change default of "source range" in export settings

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change the default value of source range from "in/out" to "entire sequence?

I almost never want to export in/out and have been bitten a few times when I mistakenly exported and sent a partial sequence instead of the whole thing.

Also, exporting from the source side defaults to "entire clip", wnere I almost always want only in/out when exporting a clip from source.  The two defaults are backwards IMHO and hopefully there is a setting where I can change it.

I'm using (reluctantly because adobe forced me to use when I upgared my computer) Premiere 2019

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cardeiro,

Sorry about this. As far as I know, Source Range always picks the selection defined on the timeline. If you have any selection made on the timeline you may clear that selection before trying to export. In case you have not defined any selection then Entire Sequence and Sequence In/Out will result in the same Source Range. Also, I agree with your point that defining a range on the clip should be respected when sending that clip for Export and the Source Range should not set to Entire Clip in that case. I will discuss this with the team.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the default being  'entire sequence' would be great, though bitten a few times when there has been a small clip lost down the timeline that results in blank export after program ends. My standard process wne exporting is to hit the backslash key to widen the sequence to it's full width, check for anything after the program ends, then hit option - x (on Mac) to turn off any in/outs and then export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what would be great imho would be a preference to set the default behavior.  For me, most of the time, I would prefere "export entire sequence" as the default behavior when exporting a sequence, and "export from in to out" when exporting from the source monitor... which I think is exactly the opposite of what occurs now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that isn't happening for me. I set my in and out and it exports the whole thing. It says "entire source"  This only started happening recently... So bizarre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never easy to troubleshoot premiere problems from a distance so please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and if you have any 3rd party plugins installed for Premiere... Also, sequence settings and clip properties can also help. Although you can throw almost any format into premiere, some formats can be problematic, particularly on an underpowered system.  By any chance are you working with screen recordings or recordings from a smartphone?  If so, it may be because your sources are variable frame rate, which can cause unpredictable intermittent issues...  just a guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate this feature but the only way I got around it is to:
1. Close premiere pro
2. Open premiere pro
3. Open the project
4. Export
This should select the entire sequence for export.
This is quite UX problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CraftedArt 

Is the Range pop-up menu not showing at the lower left of the Preview?  You should be able to change Source In/Out to Entire Source and vice versa there without restarting Premiere Pro.

WarrenHeaton_0-1709776562748.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for adding this graphic image of the source range. I was only able to export one second of a 45 min video. Heres what I think happened to change the source in/out: While adding a text layer at one point i must have hit some keyboard shortcut accidentally to change it from the defult "entire source" to "source in/out".

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have pressed "x" for Mark Clip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  Over and over again I have accidentally rendered/exported a random subset of my project.

It should stick to the same value (ie whole sequence or in/out) it used on the last export.  All the other settings same the same, why not this one too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines