• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change drive letter for source media

Advocate ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had to move a whole ton of footage to a new drive. 

Is there a quick way (like in lightroom for instance) where you can say

"hey dont look in

D:/video/blah/whatever

look in

E:/video/blah/whatever

Edit: a symlink appears to be working! (IE I created a symlink from D:\MYVIDEO to E:\MYVIDEO and it appears that it's finding all the subfolders correctly)

are there any drawbacks to this?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the drive letter for the new drive to e:

PP will relink the files if you start it and the file(s) are missing. Do you have any duplicate file names? If so, I'd be wary of the relinking feature. I'd try to change the drive letter first if that's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

half my data stayed on D, the other half moved to new drive E. So I cant change drive letter of new drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move the other half instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Pr asks for the location of a file it can't find, use the Locate button and navigate to the new drive. If you kept the same relative folder structure from the old drive when you moved the data, once Pr knows where one file is located it should find all the other files automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No matter which way you do it, be sure you have a copy of the project before you do. You didn't answer the question I asked in the first post "Do you have any duplicate file names? " If so, tread with caution on simply using the 'Locate' en masse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines