Highlighted

change how an image scales to expand from the bottom left

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Premiere and I'm animating an image to move over a video to cover up a logo in the video.  The coverup image needs to stay a small distance above a moving line in the video at all times.  Every time I change the scale on the image I also have to fix the position since it scales from the center.  In photoshop you can set the ancor of the image and tell it what direction you want the image to expand towards.  In premiere, ancor seems to mean something different.  I would like to anchor the image on the bottom left so that when it is scaled up it grows upwards and to the right and does not cover up the line on the video underneath. It would save me a lot of senseless work.

I have tried googling it but I cannot find the option if it exists.

Can anyone help please? 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R_Neil_Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Yes, there's an anchor for anything like this in Premiere. It's a little blue circle with crossing lines.

BEFORE making any other changes, drag the anchor point to the lower left corner of the frame location, then apply scaling to the image, it will scale from that point. If you try to move the anchor point after doing any movement or scaling, it acts bizarre.

In my first image, you can see the anchor point in the middle. The second one, it's been moved down and to the left.

Neil

Anchor Centered Snapped.PNG

Anchor Point Text Box.PNG

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

change how an image scales to expand from the bottom left

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Premiere and I'm animating an image to move over a video to cover up a logo in the video.  The coverup image needs to stay a small distance above a moving line in the video at all times.  Every time I change the scale on the image I also have to fix the position since it scales from the center.  In photoshop you can set the ancor of the image and tell it what direction you want the image to expand towards.  In premiere, ancor seems to mean something different.  I would like to anchor the image on the bottom left so that when it is scaled up it grows upwards and to the right and does not cover up the line on the video underneath. It would save me a lot of senseless work.

I have tried googling it but I cannot find the option if it exists.

Can anyone help please? 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R_Neil_Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Yes, there's an anchor for anything like this in Premiere. It's a little blue circle with crossing lines.

BEFORE making any other changes, drag the anchor point to the lower left corner of the frame location, then apply scaling to the image, it will scale from that point. If you try to move the anchor point after doing any movement or scaling, it acts bizarre.

In my first image, you can see the anchor point in the middle. The second one, it's been moved down and to the left.

Neil

Topics

User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R_Neil_Haugen Thank you!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most welcome. I'm with a lot of others, I've been after them to re-do their anchor point controls.

As I noted, if you move the anchor point first, then animate, it works sensibly. You move the anchor point but the item stays stationary. And then animation added works from that anchor point.

But at times, you want animation to start working from here, but over time, you want the arc or whatever to move ... so you need the anchor point to move over time during the animation.

You have to figure out where the later anchor point needs to go, and set the first anchor point, then the second, then start your animation.

Because once you've set any animation, moving the anchor point means the item immediately moves sort of counter to the movement of the anchor point while you're moving the anchor point. It's very unnerving, makes no sense, and is nearly impossible to use that way. And actually, the engineers I last talked to said yea, trying that themselves, it's pretty darn weird. When they'll get to it, no idea.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines