• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change text color after words are spoken

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how I can change the color of the text after it's spoken? Like a read-along you'd see in a music video, I'm using Premiere Pro right now, but I can also use AE if the effect is there aswell. If there's a plugin that does this automatically instead of me changing it for every word, that would be ideal.

Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Audio , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro:

1. Create a Graphic that has the following layers from front to back: a Text Layer (Fill color doens't matter); a Shape Layer (Fill color set to color that the text should change to); a duplicate Text Layer (Fill color set to the color that the text should change from).
  2. The front Text Layer and the back Text Layer must always match.
  3. The width and height of the Shape Layer must be able to cover the entire line of text from left to right.
  4. In the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics panel, enable Mask with Text.  You can also enable this in the Effect Controls panel.
  5. In the Effect Controls panel, animate the Position parameter of the Shape from left to right in sync with the vocals using Hold keyframes.  (If you try to animate the Path parameter instead, Premiere doesn't currently allow us to set Path keyframes to Hold and you'll get a wipe instead of a complete color change per word.)

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 11.31.36 AM.png

In After Effects:

1. Create a Text Layer (Layer > New > Text) and set the Fill color in the Character panel to the color to change from.
  2. Apply a Fill Color property from the Animate pop-up menu (Text property, Animate > Fill Color) and set the color to the color to change to.
  3. Expand Animator 1 and then expand Advanced.  Change Units to Index and Based On to Words.
  4. Under the Range Selector, animate the End parameter with Hold keyframes in sync to the vocals.

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 11.12.30 AM.png

You may have already thought of this, but it would be helpful to import and the audio that contains the vocal and add Markers (Clip Markers in Premiere Pro and Layer Markers in After Effects) at each word when sung.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works with single line,

I have a passage is there a way to mask a passage as it reads or any other way to tackle this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In After Effects this works for all text in the same Text Later.  

Manual line breaks with Point Text or automatic line breaks with Box Text (also called Area Text) will behave the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines