• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change the default duration of frame hold segment

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon inserting a frame hold segment onto timeline, I always have to extend it to last 4 seconds. Is there a way to change the default length setting so I don't have to keep trimming myself?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

I dont think there is an option to change the duration.

Its not linked to the default still duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, forgot to add, I'm using adobe premiere pro cc 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved out of the Forum Lounge and over to the Premiere Pro forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think there is an option to change the duration.

Its not linked to the default still duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my current work I need to add hundreds of them at the duration of 1 second.

The option of changing the default duration for the frame hold segment would really enrich my user experience and I believe all users would benefit from the option.

Is there a way to officially suggest the feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really agree with this. There is no reason why you shouldn't have that option. I use Premiere 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could really use this feature, too.

Just the ability to change the default Hold Segment length in options, thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me, too! There should be a team dedicated to seeking out these needed changes and then implementing them instantly. I can't understand why these things take so many years to ever finally become features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ktgilead,

Please make your feature requests on User Voice. The Premiere Pro team can read your issue there.

Sorry that software that is so complex cannot have new features instantaneously added to it. I'll try to explain a couple of reasons why.

While I was an editor still, and before I worked inside a software company (Apple and Adobe, in my case), I didn't understand why this couldn't happen either. Now I know that software like Premiere Pro can break when new things get added to it, so a certain amount of testing and checking must be done before that time. The other problem is that any changes to take computer code to be designed and generated by software engineers, the best of which are in very high demand. Sorry for the disappointment.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lololo,

Go to User Voice for any feature requests. Search for a similar issue before posting and, if the same suggestion already exists, upvote that one instead. 

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I don't know if User Voice even works.

You can suggest a feature, you can wait years for it to get upvotes, literally years will pass, and then when an engineer finally looks at it, they just check it off without doing it. And then noone is the wiser in the Adobe team. Here's a perfect example:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33967090-copy-and-paste-aud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never found this option. Should exist in prefs.

When I need a longer hold I create one freme hold segment. Copy/paste it multiple time on the same layer. Then I select all the frame hold segments, right-click to nest them so that I can apply a cross dissolve or any other effect to the whole, extended nested seq. Not the brightest solution but it gets me there 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines