Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changes in srt open captions not reflecting in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm currently working on Premiere 14.3.2. I'm having a problem with an srt file that I have imported on my timeline. Everytime I try to edit any caption from the srt file, the change does not reflect on my record monitor even though the change has been made in the open captions panel OR even if the change does relect on my timeline or record monitor, once I save, quit and reopen my sequence, all the changes disappear despite saving them.

This is preculiar because I have done a lot of projects with open captions where I have personally done the captions but never faced an issue but it's only while importing an srt file that i am having such a problem. Please let me know if this problem can be solved.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*peculiar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once imported, did you duplicate the caption stream by any chance? This is a known issue that results in changes not showing, and other problems.

There are often issues with changes not showing, but this can happen with caption streams created in PR or imported. Generally, the changes show (or don't) in both the Source and Program monitors and also in the text in the timeline caption block. A change always shows (even if you can't read the text) in the Caption Panel. 

By Record monitor, I assume you mean the Source monitor?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines