• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing color matte now changes them all?!

Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to just make one color matte in my projects, alt drag it for a new one and change that colour individually

Now when I do this it changes ALL of the color mattes? Is this a new (weird) change in the update... It shouldn't work like this since if I duplicate anything else, the original remains unchanged why would it do it for the color mattes, I'm not a fan of having 100's of color mattes in my project folder

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Color mattes are linked to one source clip, if you change that source clip, it will apply to wherever that clip is used in the timeline.

You can instead use the essential graphics panel, create a new rectangle and resize to fill the frame. You can duplicate it and change its color without affecting the original or other copies.

ColorMatte.gif

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines