• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing default distance POV on VR video and maintain in export to VR

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to bother the community with something like this but I spent a solid 8 hours researching what I thought would be trivial.

I have a VR video that is 4k and when I view it in VLC or upload to youtube etc.. the starting distance is too "zoomed in" for the POV.  In VLC I can zoom out and move around to where I want things framed for the video, but no matter what plugin or VR effects I try in premiere nothing seems to work. The cloest thing I found was the GoPro FX plugin that changeds the "Reframe" but it seems to only work when chaning the video from VR to a normal flat viewing experience.

I just want my starting POV to be zoomed out a bit so that you see more of the footage when you are moving around and you are not "so close" to one particular point (making everything super big).  This of course needs to be exported in the same way I have framed it so it is maintained in the actual VR video for others to view (not a flat standard video).

Is this really that complicated or do I not have the language to ask the right questions to find an appropriate answer?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this? I want to upload 360 Video to Youtube with a wider FOV, Same here, VLC looks great, it starts too zoomed in, but I can zoom out and see a bettter FOV. Youtube doesn't have that option and it is just zoomed the whole time.

It HAS to exisist. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I have not.  My guess is that it doesn't, since no one has responded on this forum.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no answer to this then? I'd really like to solve this too. Infuriating that I can zoom in on VLC to have precisely how I want the initial view to look (i.e. the data is there to achieve this view), but Premiere will only export a really zoomed in version that looks rubbish on YouTube. Surely there should be some was of resolving this..... Please!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just changed my workflow. I do all of my reframeing in Insta360's app and export, then I make the video in Premier.  If there becomes a editing suite that does it all, I'll choose that one at somepoint.  If Insta360 add just a bit more to their PC app I might just stick with that as the reframeing works excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines