• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing file names and keeping xml files

New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change my file names and keep my xml files attached to the clip? Does Premiere even make use of the xml files?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting an XML to another app, or are you importing an XML into PrPro?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither. Currently I import a batch of clips directly into PP and I get a mesage that the xml files could not import or some such thing. I click okay and move on to edit, no problems. This leads me to believe that PP doesn't need these files and I wonder if I really need to keep them like many people say I should. 

I want to rename my video files before importing into PP, the xml names doesn't change along with it and PP won't import it anyway so what is the point of keeping them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, it's an XML file for a video clip or a still file? What created that XML?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video clip, Sony a7riii. The XML file is created with the clip. This is what the files look like and when I select all to import the xml do not get imported.

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 8.22.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a difficult thing for me to sort, not having any experience with what Sony puts in those XML files. Adobe apps don't always see non-Adobe created XMLs though, that's come up several times.

@mattchristensen  ... any idea what PrPro can do with Sony camera-created XML files?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines