Highlighted

Changing frame size of captions

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am importing SRT files that I'm using for subtitles, but they are importing at 720x480 and I cannot seem to change them. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R_Neil_Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Someone else posted that they'd tried "Scale to frame-size" for their imported captions clip, and it actually worked nicely. Give that or "set to frame-size" a try, perhaps.

neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing frame size of captions

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am importing SRT files that I'm using for subtitles, but they are importing at 720x480 and I cannot seem to change them. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by R_Neil_Haugen | Adobe Community Professional

Someone else posted that they'd tried "Scale to frame-size" for their imported captions clip, and it actually worked nicely. Give that or "set to frame-size" a try, perhaps.

neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm, thanks so much!!

- Ian Webb

Videographer / Editor

[personal info deleted by mod]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you're working away

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again. Is there a way to remove/delete movies that I have created on

my profile? Just want to clean it up and start fresh. Thanks!

- Ian Webb

Videographer / Editor

[personal info deleted by mod]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never played with the profile things much, so ... no help there, sorry!

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set to frame size will only scale the footage, which will probably make it blurry.

I found a solution for this.

Right click on the .srt and choose:   modify > captions > and change the frame size & pixel aspect ratio

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - this is the real correct answer!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is what I was looking for!

THIS should be marked as the correct answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works well for videos with a normal ratio. I wanted to add them to automatic reframed (from 16:9 to 9:16) scene and none of the predefined ratios works here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - i tried this and it seemed to work but all of a sudden the captions stopped appearing on the screen. They are stuck on the first line of caption throughout the duration of the clip. any ideas? thanks so much

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem. I had sent some .srt files to a friend to translate into Russian.

When I imported them they came in at 720x480 - could not figure out why.
In the end I ran dos2unix against the .srt file, imported it again and that fixed it. Bizarre, but it worked. This is on a Mac.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

samuelw, this is a frequent problem - changing a caption and the change not showing/updating in the program monitor (or source monitor). 

The one time you can predict this is when you duplicate a caption stream. You can avoid that by exporting the stream, rename the file if it is identical to the original stream, then re-import as your "duplicate" stream.

But such "no change" events occur for other reasons also. Following the method here (resizing) should not itself result in this problem.

Stan   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines