Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Over from Avid MC

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As an Avid editor now working at a company using PP, Ihave been asked to adapt.  Fine, as editing is editing.  But my shortcuts are second nature; it'll take time.  For now, and to get started, here is an installation question.  My laptop has its own speakers, naturally; but I also have a Creative Labs soundcard linked via USB and ultimately connecting out via optical cable to a Denon amplifier.  With ordinary media players the output 'automatically knows' whether to output via the speakers or the soundcard, simply by whether or not the soundcard is installed, but somehow PP doesn't know and always plays out of the laptop speakers only.  I think (though not certain) that there was an audio issue when installing PP, but either way, presently, I cannot play out to a hi-fi set-up. 

Please advise,

DC

TOPICS
Audio , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

go to preferences:  audio hardware and choose the output.  If you're just starting in Premiere, I'd suggest you at least do a quick review of all the preferences.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines