Changing position of caption using effect controls

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm using open captions to add subtitles to my animation. Most of the subtitles go well within the 80 % of the screen that can be used for subtitles, but I have a few that I need below that (in the 10 % area that you can't reach using x & y). I found out I can do this using effect controls to drag the caption to the right place; the only problem is that ALL my captions move when I do this - even when I'm just selecting the one. How can I solve this? 

Thanks in advance! 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Joëlle Bh | Adobe Community Professional

Please try to cut the clip .. press C on your keyboard and cut the clip from the 2 sides so it should be disconnected from the whole caption file and change the position in the effects control for this clip and check if the issue persists

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Changing position of caption using effect controls

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm using open captions to add subtitles to my animation. Most of the subtitles go well within the 80 % of the screen that can be used for subtitles, but I have a few that I need below that (in the 10 % area that you can't reach using x & y). I found out I can do this using effect controls to drag the caption to the right place; the only problem is that ALL my captions move when I do this - even when I'm just selecting the one. How can I solve this? 

Thanks in advance! 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Joëlle Bh | Adobe Community Professional

Please try to cut the clip .. press C on your keyboard and cut the clip from the 2 sides so it should be disconnected from the whole caption file and change the position in the effects control for this clip and check if the issue persists

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Joëlle! This did the job 🙂 Tried adding new layers, locking layers and so on but that didn't work! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're always welcome Eline

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 0