• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing resolution of nested clip?

Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I’ve been trying to get back into editing four first time in over 10 years and I’m gradually learning some of the premiere features like how to use proxy files and nesting sequences.

I started a project on the wrong foot and added my proxy files to the timeline instead of my full-res files and then using ‘toggle proxies’.

because of this I had to unlink all my files after I finished editing and relink them to my 4K files.

This had the effect of making all my footage in my proxy timeline look zoomed-in, so I copied my timeline and pasted into a new 4K sequence. This fixed the problem and now the majority of my project is in the proper resolution and fit to the screen. 

Thing is, I nested several sequences and layered effects every time I created a new nest. (One layer has zooms, the next had motion)

but now these nested files are still small in my viewer and reflect the poor proxy file quality.

I can go into a nested file and relink it to my 4K footage but then I lose the motion or speed adjustments I had on the clip.

Is it possible to change the quality of the final nest from proxy to 4K and maintain the attributes of the clip?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

  

9BD6CEB7-6174-48B0-8B11-9495D4AAACF8.jpeg

F9ACB767-7B00-458C-83C0-C485106999B8.jpeg

The first photo is of the final nested clip (reflecting the size of the proxy file used to create it) in the 4K timeline. 

The second photo is with the original file within the subnested clip having been relinked to the 4k  file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how you are losing your animation. When I use the Make Offline/Link Media workflow, all the animation keyframes from the original clip are still in place when the replacement media is linked.

If you are saying that the animation doesn't behave like you expect after linking the new media, then that's a real likelihood when going from one frame size to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless label colors were used. It looks to me the animation is set on a nest (green clip) and not the original image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up going through a convoluted process of relinking the 4k files and starting a new project on a 4k timeline. I then took the proxy files and had to match up the clips with the opacity down and re-edit the 4k footage to match that motion. 

I'll definitely remember next time to just start on a 4k timeline and toggle the proxy files.

Here's the final result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKIH7MIi4k0&t=9s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines