• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

changing sequence timecode format

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a big issue, but it has become a hassle. I work with animation in premiere, sometimes I change the timecode format in the sequence window to frames to better align clips with audio in premiere. I have an issue where I once I change it to frames, it won't give me the option to change it back to timecode. I have to restart the program for it to reset. Is there a way to change it back and forth more easily?

Example 1

36837f88ad.png

Example 2

e79cc5b86f.png

Example 3

ae68aaa279.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Low framerate ( 12,5 and lower) can only select frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried your suggestion and it still seems to be stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BlobKing,

Have you followed the same steps recommended in this article: FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If yes, reset the preferences again, create a new project(do not open the old project) & check if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya, the problem doesn't persist if I start a new project, but I was trying to see if there was a way to revert a sequence back to the timecode format after changing it to frames. A work-around I found is to copy the frames into a new sequence, but I was hoping there was a way to do it within the same sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate this.  All options remain available for me using version 12.0.0 on Windows 10 Pro (1709).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Low framerate ( 12,5 and lower) can only select frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo! That was it. I just had to change the timebase in the sequence settings. I guess when creating a new sequence from clip the timebase defaults to 10. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar question. The timecode in program and Sequence Panel shows as 00;00;00;00. How can I change it to 00:00:00:00. Also when I use Timecode effects it is showing as 00;00;00;00. Can someone please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines