• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Spacing Between Keyframes

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 50 keyframes in the Effect Controls panel (1 keyframe for each word of text) and 6 frames between each keyframe.  How do I change the spacing between each keyframe from 6 frames to 10 frames without manually changing/moving one by one?  Thanks for your help on this!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think it's gotta be manual but I don't think it'll be that big a deal.  You'll probably want to expand your effects control window for the full width of your monitor,  put your playhead at the second keyframe.  select all but the first keyframe (you can use the mouse to marquee them) and "cut". command-x on the mac, control x on windows I think.  go down 4 frames and "paste",  select all the keyframes from the 3rd, cut, go down 4 frames and paste...  repeat and rinse...  make sense.  Duplicate your sequence before you do this in case this doesn't work...  but I think it will.  Maybe someone else has a better idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy your footage, open After effects and create a new composition, paste your footage, press U to reveal the keyframes, select all the keyframes, press Alt + drag the last keyframe, this will allow you to "scale" the keyframes in relative to time. After that copy your footage, switch to Premiere, and paste.

It looks like a long process but if After effects is opened it's a matter of seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's assuming the op has after effects.  but if so, this is a great solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I advise any serious editor to learn AE basics, at least for advanced keyframe options such as in this case, copy and paste between both application is really handy for a lot of tasks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines