• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cheaged video cards and now I cant change my render settings

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from a R9 390 to a 5700xt today and when I go to change the general project settings the video render and playback settings the drop down box is greyed out.

Please give me some guidence

Thank you

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this video will help? It shows how to set your OS to use your dedicated GPU instead of the motherboard onboard graphics adapter.

https://youtu.be/RZ_9rDQtRD4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff but I dont have onboad graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I did this, reinstalled the latest drivers and now I keep getting driver timout error messages Hmmmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have 3rd party monitoring tools installed, MSI afterburner maybe? Uninstall it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option to try is to down clock or undervolt a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same issue with every other version of Photoshop and every few versions of Premiere Pro where I lose hardware acceleration. I am also running a 5700 (not XT).

Don't waste your time updating drivers or reverting drivers, or running cleanup utilities, it's not going to help. I've tried lots of different drivers, clean reinstalls, and new system builds and nothing gives me hardware acceleration. I wasted my time with troubleshooting so that you don't have to. Revert to the previous version of Premiere Pro and if that still doesn't work, go back one version until you find one that gives you hardware acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines