Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choose a Premiere Pro Plug-In Type

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am new to Premiere Pro and got a requirement to create a new Plug-in to read a video file, apply some processing on video and then save file on disk.

Please guide me to choose a Plug-in type for this requirement.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

CEP Extensions seem like the right approach. 

Specifically, what do you want to do, about 'apply some processing on video'? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We appreciate you writing in. Could you share more details about your query? 

• Which version of Premiere Pro are you using?
  • Are you looking for some preset for applying effects on your clip or are you getting some error while importing the media?

Let us know. We're here to help. 

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi,

I am sorry for the delay.

ver - Premiere Pro CC 2019.

The requirement is to open a 2K video file from Premiere Pro and superscale it to 4K. Please suggest plugin types (importers, exporters and video filters etc) and tools suitable for this requirement. 

Based on my initial findings I am planning to create video effects using video filter as plugin type. It required both Premiere Pro sdk and After effects sdk.  

Please suggest.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>The requirement is to open a 2K video file from Premiere Pro and superscale it to 4K.

There's no good way to accomplish that, in a generalizable way, in PPro. 

In PPro, effects are applied to clips in a timeline; those clips can be any sort of media, from H.264 .mp4 files, to "2K video files", to nested sequences. Effects cannot control to what they're applied, nor can they get 'source' information from PPro; effects are simply given input buffers, and are expected to fill output buffers. 

If you'd instead like to create support for a specific sub-type of "2k video file", you could instead write an Importer plug-in, with Source Settings integration.

https://ppro-plugins.docsforadobe.dev/intro/whats-new.html#source-settings-effect-importer

This would result in a workflow like PPro uses for .R3D files; the media is imported, then an (AE style) effect would be applied. However, this would mean that your Importer would be expected to handle ALL handling of "2k video file" media, for that sub-type; instead of relying on PPro (specifically, PPro's own Importer plug-ins) to perform that work. 

> Based on my initial findings I am planning to create video effects using video filter as plugin type.

> It required both Premiere Pro sdk and After effects sdk.  

You would write either a PPro style video effect (not recommended), or an AE style video effect (recommended); I don't see how writing both would be useful. If you adopted the "importer + source settings" path (described above), your Importer would need to support every interaction, associated with a specific file type and subtype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for detailed explaination and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CEP Extensions seem like the right approach. 

Specifically, what do you want to do, about 'apply some processing on video'? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines