Highlighted

Choosing correct sequence setting when importing a file that is set to 960x540 to Hi quality 1080

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 6.12.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 6.20.17 PM.png

  

Aaron dimensions.png

I have an mp4 that I'm importing to edit a Premiere project. The mp4 file is set to 960x540 but if I export the file out after I edit it from Premiere at 1920x1080 the image is small. I created the file that I'm importing into Premiere but I don't recall/know why it is set at 960x540. The frame rate is set a 23.976.  When I finish editing the file, I want to post the file to social media and chose the High Quality HD 1080 setting to export. Is there advice on what is the smarted thing to do here? Thanks much for any feedback or suggested link. 

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Choosing correct sequence setting when importing a file that is set to 960x540 to Hi quality 1080

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 6.12.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 6.20.17 PM.png

  

Aaron dimensions.png

I have an mp4 that I'm importing to edit a Premiere project. The mp4 file is set to 960x540 but if I export the file out after I edit it from Premiere at 1920x1080 the image is small. I created the file that I'm importing into Premiere but I don't recall/know why it is set at 960x540. The frame rate is set a 23.976.  When I finish editing the file, I want to post the file to social media and chose the High Quality HD 1080 setting to export. Is there advice on what is the smarted thing to do here? Thanks much for any feedback or suggested link. 

TOPICS
Editing, Export, Formats, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well you're going to lose some quality cause you're going to be blowing up your source a fair amount.  Create a new sequence with pixel dimensions of 1920x1080 with a frame rate of 23.976.  Edit your file into the timeline and then control click on the clip in the timeline and choose scale to frame size...  If you've got AfterEffects there are ways to improve the quality of the scaling but it's not going to make much of a difference.  

How did you create this source file?  Can you recreate it at full 1080 resolution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 1
ACAREN LATEST
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. I created it in FCP and then moved to Premiere. I'm not sure how that happened. I do have the original film files and so I will need to go back in and set them up in a sequence with the correct settings. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0