• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy MP3 songs sudenly premier pro

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning just turned on the PC, open premier Pro, added a 120fps 1080p video clip and an MP3 music file.

Video plays fine, however the mp3 audio is choppy, plays ok in windows media player.

This mp3 played ok last week in PP, now is a total disaster. Apologies is there is a simple solution for this as just recently start using and learning this sw.

Am using the PP version 12,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

There's no official response because it's not a fully supported format. If it works, ok ... if it doesn't, well, it's not supported anyway. Just one of those things to know ... stay away from mp3 as it may or may not work. Which isn't adequate for professional deadlines, of course. WAV is your friend.

WeAreMoose has a good point, too.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrPro doesn't normally play well with mp3 audio files. Highly recommended to use Audition or some other audio app to convert those to wav files, which will play beautifully.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, Thanks for your Quick reply. I tried with the file comverted to wav and works ok now However, this does not explain why suddently PP does not support mp3, yesterday mp3 was suported fine, today it does not. Diving into the forums, seems like a constante problem, it happen Just sudently and no oficial responce from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Josec,

if you mix footage in a timeline (120 fps +25 Fps / different codecs etc.) Premiere Pro gives up at some stage, trying to keep it all together.

You could try to right click the .mp3 file in the sequence and choose "render and replace" and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no official response because it's not a fully supported format. If it works, ok ... if it doesn't, well, it's not supported anyway. Just one of those things to know ... stay away from mp3 as it may or may not work. Which isn't adequate for professional deadlines, of course. WAV is your friend.

WeAreMoose has a good point, too.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Neil said. mp3 files can be unpredictable in Premiere Pro.  I've had an early project of mine (while I was a newbie with Premiere Pro) become corrupted after I was almost done with editing it.  The cause of the corruption turned out to be the fact that I used mp3 files instead of wav files.

I always convert mp3 files to wav before importing into Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Tried render and replace but did not work for me. But lesson learned, WAV is the way to go in PP. Quite interesting that PP does not give official support for the most common audio format but perhaps there are some solid reasons that I'm unaware of. Thanks to all for the prompt responses, all make sense to me. I can restart my project now thanks to all of You. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mp3 "thing" is one of those things that you learn as you use this, but even knowing to always convert mp3 to WAV (which is a fast process) ... one always wonders ... why is this necessary?

File the feature-request. And hopefully, this will get on the short list.

Neil

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use tools like DRM Audio Converter can help you convert MP3 to WAV or other formats easily and rapidly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines