• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy playback/ laggy play pause

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I started to edit in 1080p 60fps last week and ever since I've had issues with playback in that res/fps. This happens before I even get to editing, just simply playing through the source clips. Very choppy playback, video totally freezes and only get audio. Even at 1x speed. My Pause/play is very delayed, easily 5 seconds before it responds. Playing the same footage outside of Premiere gives me no issues what so ever.

Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 (not overclocked)
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (not overclocked)
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000
Hard drives: 500GB Samsung 860 evo SSD (OS, Premeire, Footage)
2TB Seagate barracuda 7200 rpm (backup and games)

The size of the footage I'm using is about 3 hours long. Around 8 GB

Premiere is updated to 14.5

Now let me go through what Ive tried so far to no avail:
- Lowering res to 1/2 and 1/4
- Lowering paused res to 1/2 and 1/4
- Turning off High-Quality Playback
- Trying both Asio and MME
- Changing the renderer to GPU Acceleration
- Giving Premiere 14 GB of RAM
- Rendering out small areas once I do edit
- Rolling back Premiere to previous versions
- Clearing Cache
- Changing Cache to both SSD and HDD

Also, monitoring my task manager. During playback, my CPU stays around 20%, Memory about 50%, GPU about 10%, Disk never goes above 1%. My computer performance is fine outside of Premiere.

I tried proxies but seeing that it takes 4 hours to ingest this file... I was hoping to find another way.

Maybe I need a second SSD for my cache or more RAM. Just want to go through everything before I spend money on an upgrade that won't help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Okay, so after having a good chat with someone from Adobe, I was given the solution to this problem. The file I was using had a Variable frame rate or VFR. So what I had to do was drop into Handbrake and check Constant frame rate or CFR under the video tab and export it from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, so after having a good chat with someone from Adobe, I was given the solution to this problem. The file I was using had a Variable frame rate or VFR. So what I had to do was drop into Handbrake and check Constant frame rate or CFR under the video tab and export it from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines