Choppy playback on my Mac

Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am probably an Advanced Beginner when it comes to Premiere Pro.  Suddenly for some time now I've been having issues with choppiness when I try to play back my videos on my Mac.  It's never been a problem before.  Here are the high-level specs:

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 4.47.52 PM.png

I am working with a fairly large video file (about 90 minutes; about 100GB); when I play it back, it skips and jumps and freezes.  it's totally unwatchable this way. 

I checked my input source, and it was set to No Input as it should be.  I have visited other online articles looking for solutions, and tried several things, and none of them have helped.  

Help...?

thank you!

TOPICS
Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Choppy playback on my Mac

Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am probably an Advanced Beginner when it comes to Premiere Pro.  Suddenly for some time now I've been having issues with choppiness when I try to play back my videos on my Mac.  It's never been a problem before.  Here are the high-level specs:

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 4.47.52 PM.png

I am working with a fairly large video file (about 90 minutes; about 100GB); when I play it back, it skips and jumps and freezes.  it's totally unwatchable this way. 

I checked my input source, and it was set to No Input as it should be.  I have visited other online articles looking for solutions, and tried several things, and none of them have helped.  

Help...?

thank you!

TOPICS
Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some things to check if you haven't:

• Format and codec of your video files
  • If your video is variable frame rate
  • Hardware or software rendering of effects
  • Drive fragmentation/file fragementation
  • Other apps doing stuff in the background
  • Whether .pek files have finished generating for the audio portion of the clips

All of that would be good information to know and share.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 24, 2020 0