Choppy Playback Premiere 2021 with External GPU

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have an iMac Pro 2017 Intel Xeon W 8 core 3.2 ghz Processor with an internal Radeon Pro Vega 56 8gb. I've just acquired an external gpu a Radeon RX Vega 56 but when I plug it in and start Premiere Pro 15.2.0 I get choppy playback frame rate as hell . I'll attach a video, the way you see it thete is the actual frame dropping from premiere. I'm using Mercury Playback Enging GPU-METAL. Any ideas so I can have th egpu working properly with Premiere? Thank You!

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorge,

Try this: Remove audio from nests or disable audio waveforms. See if your issue is resolved.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I imagine the EGPU is connected by Thunderbolt 3. Thunderbolt does not have unlimited bandwidth. Your EGPU could be getting bottlenecked by the Thunderbolt 3 port. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines