Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy Playback with New Update v 14.9

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I started a new project immediately after updating to PP v 14.9. I imported video clips and tried to check them in the source monitor and the video and audio were extremely choppy like stop animation. I then threw it into a sequence and checked it on the program monitor playback and it played it in the same choppy stop animation style- again both video and audio are effected. I then tried to start the same new project in an older verson of premiere pro (v 13.1.5) and it plays smoothly without any issues. How can we fix this for the new update? Because at this point it is unusable for me.

Thank you,

Jessica

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a terrible problem. I'm about to jump into another project and am considering upgrading from 13.1.5 all the way to 14.9. Any suggestions on whether to upgrade slowly, a few versions at a time, stick with 13.1.5, or go to 14.9 if there is a fix to this problem you identified. Cheers and thanks for any input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting all the cache files before opening a project (new or old).

Preferences>Media Cache>Delete

then

Delete all media cache files from the system.

It may help to also trash your preferences. Launch Pr while holding down the Shift+Option keys (Mac) or Shift+Alt keys (Windows) and keep them held until you see the main program window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently did all of that for a different problem with premiere pro so I doubt that would make a difference to do it again. I would rather just wait for a newer update that hopefully doesn't have this issue. I'm curious why cache files or preferences would make video's play so choppy for the newer update but not the older version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gamuthealth  Try this for starter:

- Turn off Hardware accelerated Decoding in Preferences > Media...

- Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input => select "No Input"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holy smokes Basil, THIS WORKED! 

Thank you so mich, I've been troubleshooting this for 12 hours and THIS WORKED.

Thank you,

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14.9 is not the latest of now. 15.0 (2021) was released a couple of days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jessica,

I'm facing the EXACT same issue!! It started around 2pm eastern yesterday. It's occuring in both Premiere 2020 and 2021. It is not occuring in AE or Audition. I've reinstalled 4 times, cleared cache twice, trashed preferences, updated windows, updated all drivers, confirmed the graphics card is to Adobe's required specs, tried multiple codecs on a network and on my desktop. When my colleagues Teamview in, they get the same stuttering playback, but when the project is brought onto a network, they are able to open and play video without issue. And it's occuring when previewing video and audio, so troubleshooting is near impossible since most solutions are based on playback. 

Oy, I hope they fix this soon, it is unusuable, I'm editing by looking at the waveforms, it's awful. 

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines