Highlighted

Choppy playback

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, I'm currently looking for advice regarding some issues I've had while editing. I'm having a very choppy playback working with 4k 60FPS media. I can't even pause the videos, as Premiere becomes unresponsive for around 15 seconds. I'm doing very simple editing, mainly cutting clips, sometimes adding transition effects and using optical flow for like 10 seconds (very rare cases). Just as a test I tried editing 1080p clips and the results were the same, so I'm quite confused. The only time I've had a smoother experience is working with 1080p already exported and using proxies. Also, it doesn't matter if the videos are 30 seconds long or 20 minutes long. 

My PC specs are the following:

CPU: i7 10700K

Motherboard: ASUS Prime z490-P

RAM: 16GB in dual channel at 3600MHZ (Crucial Ballistix)

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060

Storage: Crucial SSD (500GB)

Premiere Pro 2020

Something weird I've noticed in the Task Manager is that in some cases my CPU is at 100%, while the system is only using an overall of 8GB of RAM (I've adjusted Adobe for using up to 13GB). Also, when disk usage is at 100%, the whole system becomes very laggy. 

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Choppy playback

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody, I'm currently looking for advice regarding some issues I've had while editing. I'm having a very choppy playback working with 4k 60FPS media. I can't even pause the videos, as Premiere becomes unresponsive for around 15 seconds. I'm doing very simple editing, mainly cutting clips, sometimes adding transition effects and using optical flow for like 10 seconds (very rare cases). Just as a test I tried editing 1080p clips and the results were the same, so I'm quite confused. The only time I've had a smoother experience is working with 1080p already exported and using proxies. Also, it doesn't matter if the videos are 30 seconds long or 20 minutes long. 

My PC specs are the following:

CPU: i7 10700K

Motherboard: ASUS Prime z490-P

RAM: 16GB in dual channel at 3600MHZ (Crucial Ballistix)

GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060

Storage: Crucial SSD (500GB)

Premiere Pro 2020

Something weird I've noticed in the Task Manager is that in some cases my CPU is at 100%, while the system is only using an overall of 8GB of RAM (I've adjusted Adobe for using up to 13GB). Also, when disk usage is at 100%, the whole system becomes very laggy. 

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 25, 2020 0

Have something to add?