• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All. This Morning I woke up to edit in Premiere and when I Open and proceed to play the footage it is hella choppy. My computer is more than capable of playing back footage at full quality but even at the lower qualities 1/8 it still is choppy. Running windows 10 64 bit. Ive Tried uninstalling and reinstalling no luck and Ive also tried powering down and restarting. Anyone have a fix? I opened up after effects and its working perfectly fine so im assuming its the softway of premiere but not sure how to fix it.

Computer Specs:

Nvidia RTX 3080

128 GB Ram

AMD 3900

Tachi 12 core 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

So I think I figured it out. Its my Audio preference that is slowing it down. Yesterday I installed my audio directly into the monitor board from my case so i could use the audio jack from my casing instead of the back of my mother board. When I toggled back and forth my premiere would work fine when my headphones wernt plugged into my casing. Its weird but I guess I fixed it haha Im assuming the particular port doesnt have enough power to communicate with the program almost like bluetooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. It is dropping frames out of the video and making it impossible to use the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea the crazy thing is I was just using premiere yesterday So I don't know what couldve caused this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I think I figured it out. Its my Audio preference that is slowing it down. Yesterday I installed my audio directly into the monitor board from my case so i could use the audio jack from my casing instead of the back of my mother board. When I toggled back and forth my premiere would work fine when my headphones wernt plugged into my casing. Its weird but I guess I fixed it haha Im assuming the particular port doesnt have enough power to communicate with the program almost like bluetooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good going! 🙂

That fix is posted around here on various threads and comes in handy when really strange behavior like that, and an unobvious solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds weird that it worked but I have mentioned that installing ASIO4ALL drivers can sometimes help for choppy playback. Perhaps other people can benifit from your findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines