• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choppy video and delayed audio

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project where I'm breaking up a panel dicussion into clips.

The footage I downloaded was an MKV file which I then converted to Mp4 so I could edit in Premiere. 

But the footage is supper choppy. It has the same look as when you speed up a clip and the audio seems a bit delayed. 

I'm still fairly new to editing and I've tried to find a solution but so far nothing has worked. I'm thinking maybe it's somthing to do with the frame rate? Any suggestions appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Try these simple steps for starter

1) Turn off hardware accelerated Decoding in Preferences > Media... (do app restart)

2) go Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input => select "No Input"

Another possible remedy: Weird trick that fixes mp4/h264 files stuttering in Premiere Pro and improves performance by a lot with no quality loss : premiere

If nothing above helped, download Handbrake tool and transcode the problem file as CFR (constant framerate)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these simple steps for starter

1) Turn off hardware accelerated Decoding in Preferences > Media... (do app restart)

2) go Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Input => select "No Input"

Another possible remedy: Weird trick that fixes mp4/h264 files stuttering in Premiere Pro and improves performance by a lot w...

If nothing above helped, download Handbrake tool and transcode the problem file as CFR (constant framerate)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for all the suggestions! In the end I used Handbrake to get a constant frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines