Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cineform audio from GoPro Max

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

was given a GoPro Max and did some initial testing. Workflow involves converting the 360 footage to either Cineform, h.264 or HEVC using the GoPro MAX Exporter app. I prefer the Cineform as output is in 5.3K (and better colours) instead of 4K in the other two formats.

However, when I bring the converted footage into Premiere, there is no audio. Tried different things and searched if it was a common issue. Little luck, so I tried using the same converted footage on my laptop and there it works fine. So, something is wrong on my main box. - but what???

When footage is imported there's no attempt by Premiere to create audio peak files.

I have updated to latest version of Premiere but that didn't help. Is is a problem with my Cineform codec or what?

Main box is an Asus X99 box, Intel 7, 32GB Ram, updated Win10. 

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dis you ever figure out a solution to this problem @oysterfeet ? I'm experiencing the exact same issue and came across your post while searching for a solution myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no. I gave up finding a solution, figuring a reinstall of Win10 was the only way forward. Not being ready for that I left it. 

Some months later, I gave it another shot and found the GoPro Player app had been updated. Now, it works! No idea if it was down to the updated Player app or Windows updates.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll make sure I have both updated to their most recent versions. I can get audio fine with 4K either in HEVC or H.264, it's just that Cineform export from GoPro Player that imports into Adobe Premiere without any audio or even showing any audio peaks on the audio track. I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds exactly like what I was experiencing. 

My original post was in June last year, but then I had another go in November phrasing the problem differently.

See

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/clip-misinterepreted-by-pp-so-silent-audio-is-track/td-p...

Perhaps there are some clues there for you, in case you still have trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing. Check you have the correct setting for Anti-Flicker on the GoPro. (Preferences-General-Anti Flicker)  This could also have been the cause of/contributing to my troubles. Can't remember the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @oysterfeet . I will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines