• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinema DNG sequence from DJI Zenmuse X5R: white/blue colors are off

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a Cinema DNG sequence into premiere (Media Browser, double-click or drag-n-drop), captured on the DJI Zenmuse X5R camera on an Osmo, something happens to the whites and blues.

I've tried searching for an answer but I haven't seen anyone with this specific problem - only issues with a flat pink/magenta look when importing.

This is how it looks when previewing a DNG frame in Mac Finder (using spacebar):

Skærmbillede 2018-10-01 kl. 13.25.38.png

And this is how it looks in Premiere Pro CC2018 v. 12.12 - notice the t-shirt on the guy to the left is now blue and the trashcans in the background has a wierd deep blue tint:

Premiere Pro.jpg

This is what the h.264 proxy files directly from the Micro SD card in the X5R looks like:

Proxy.jpg

And here's what the imported DNG sequence looks like in After Effects CC2018 v. 15.1.2 - slight magenta tint in the whites but that's okay:

After Effects.png

I've also tried disabling the CinemaDNG source settings effects that is automatically applied to the sequence at import - still didn't fix it.

I thought a workaround could be to edit in Premiere and then either use Replace With After Effects Composition or copy/paste the edits into AE and colorgrade it there, but when I do that, it only brings in the first DNG frame of the sequence. Same thing when using Import Adobe Premiere Pro Project in AE.

Anyone had this problem?

Any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EyelightKasper,

Sorry for the trouble with the preview. What are the system specs(OS version, GPU model, CPU, RAM)?

Just for a test, change the renderer in project settings and check the preview: FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

It will be helpful if you share a sample file with us for investigation. Share Adobe Creative Cloud files, libraries, prototypes, and more

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on iOS Mojave 10.14, 2,9GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, GPU model Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB.

Same thing happens when renderer is set to OpenCL, Metal og software only.

Here's a sample DNG image: https://we.tl/t-D3xrGBYqBV

When I import this to Premiere, same thing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Vidya,

Are you able to replicate the problem on your end using the DNG I linked to?

-Kasper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the error has not really been corrected yet.

Bug fixes in Premiere Pro version 12.1.2

File format support

" Color shift issue with Cinema DNG file shot from DJI INSPIRE ZENMUSE X5R "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I paste Quote from first posted comment by Eyelight here -

' thought a workaround could be to edit in Premiere and then either use Replace With After Effects Composition or copy/paste the edits into AE and colorgrade it there, but when I do that, it only brings in the first DNG frame of the sequence. Same thing when using Import Adobe Premiere Pro Project in AE.'

---------

the above stated workaround has been pronbmatic several years past. If it still problamic, I wouldn't know, I never went that route (because never worked and lots of threads, bug reports, feature requests),,,

i would always create an AE composition with a cDNG sequence and 'replace ' the PP sequence with the AE. Creating the composition in AE gives you ACR (adobe camera raw) and that usually gets you to the color you seek.

The exact technique to follow the above is a bit tedious and I will not get into it (lots of threads could guide you there).

However, the AE method became problatic when PP updates and AE updates, and AE comps no longer iimport into PP without re-importing the AE comp into AE, updating, saving, re-importing into PP, replacing (more descriptive of 'replacing' is creating 'source sequence in PP of the cDNG clip, and replacing source'),,,

so, AE to PP possible but problamic if updating versions.

Where I went with cDNG in PP was to use ACR and Photoshop 'batch convert', batch process' or similar wording.

Still using 'source sequence ' in PP, but replacing with 'exported result from Photoshop batch convert. File from Photoshop becomes what file type you choose from there Tools (tiff not an option, maybe png no option either, I used .psd document). The export from PS become image sequence, same as cDNG sequence, likely larger file size unless choosing jpg compression,,,

-----

others will tell you that is too much work. I type all this to give you a path for a working option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the above reply would leave a few puzzled with PS batch process, because I forgot a key statement of how to get to that.

I open cDNG in Bridge/ select all/ Tools/ PS. batch process.

and ACR I would find a sample frame, save my settings, and appky to batch process,,,,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dummergold - I appreciate your reply.

That's just too much of a workaround to be effective in a professional environment, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but from: Bug fixes in Premiere Pro version 12.1.2

"Color shift issue with Cinema DNG file shot from DJI INSPIRE ZENMUSE X5R"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me ask you this.  What RAW controls do you have available in the Source Settings for the media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This:
source settings.jpg

But disabling the effect doesn't make the problem go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried transferring the footage from the SSD cards using both CineLight's "Adobe DNG (raw) sequence" and "Adobe DNG (raw) sequence compatible with Premiere" options - both with exactly the same results.

Adobe? Are you able to re-create the problem with my supplied DNG file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, still no answer from you - do you get the same color issues when bringing my DNG file into Premiere or is it just on my end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a user to user forum with oversight and some participation from Product Support staffers. You see the bright red avatars, those are staff. Kevin Monahan is the manager for product support for the whole digital video set, PrPro,  Ae, and Audition I think.

There are a few products engineers that pop in occasionally on their own time.

CinemaDNG in PrPro is problematic at times, and needs further work. For some users and media it works ok, for others just isn't up to real-time use.

I would recommend filing a bug or jumping onto a CinemaDNG bug already folde on the UserVoice system, which *does* get right to the QC engineers system and also the upper management who plan budgets for engineering.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil.

Vidya asked me to share a sample which I did so I was just wondering what the outcome is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope they get back with something. This has been an issue for some time. One of those puzzles  ... although clearly some are doing ok with CinemaDNG many aren't. Why? What's the difference?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ever solve this, EyelightKasper? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines