LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title of Your Feature Request

Proper Support for CinemaDNG

Description of Your Feature Request

How would you like the feature to work?

We need a camera RAW palette in Premiere Pro which offers high quality de-bayer with highlight recovery, white balance, ISO, color space and gamma controls, along with adjustments for fine tuning exposure, color temperature, tint, sharpness, highlights, shadows, color boost, saturation, midtone details, lift, gain and contrast, so that we have virtually unlimited creative control over RAW images.

This palette needs to apply across an entire project, several selected clips at once, or to an individual clip as needed.

We need to be able to select and adjust a single clip as well as multiple clips, both in the bin and in the sequence.

Why is this feature important to you?

So that I can edit my CinemaDNG footage using Premiere Pro rather than DaVinci Resolve, which already HAS these controls.  (Damn, Adobe.  That's just embarrassing that your competition handles your own media better than you.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy/Paste if this is important to you.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do Jim. Yes, this a is a stupid situation.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, it's multi-clip selection and the multi-clip adjustments that you're looking for, right?

It would be great to be a able to select (and reselect) clips in groups, make an adjustment to one that then applies to all of the clips within that selection.  Adjustment Layers and Copy and Paste Attributes work for this, but it certainly could improved.

Of course, this isn't CinemaDNG specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's multi-clip selection and the multi-clip adjustments that you're looking for, right?

That's the third part of my request  The first part is full access to the RAW controls for CinemaDNG media.  The second part is no default color space applied.  (If I'm shooting Log, I want to see Log.)

Once PP can properly handle one clip, then Adobe can add batch adjustments.

Of course, this isn't CinemaDNG specific.

The batch adjustments I'm asking for are.  Or at least, specific to RAW formats.  In Resolve, I can change any of nearly a dozen RAW controls for any batch of selected clips.  That kind of power is awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to mention it's just plain old buggy to bring in a DNG sequence.  Try... just try to use the "edit with Adobe After Effects" option with a clip of DNG from PP.  You're in for a fun ride!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent a copy of the feature request.  Hope they resolve this soon.  Cheers.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cinemaDNG codec is very bad ram priview which CPU/GPU you have, so adobe does think to fix it? There are a lot of cameras which is recording cinemaDNG and we can not work with that. Davinci Resolve and perfectly works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client has a Threadripper 1950x 64GB ram GTX 1080 TI and a 500GB NVME SSD and viewing the timeline pegs the CPU @ 100% and freezes and lags.  Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines