• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinestyle / Premiere pro cc workflow help

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't been much in to shooting video as I was in to taking photos. This sunday my nephew's 1st birthday is coming. First time I have planned to do something worth. Making a video montage with Tripod and stuffs. I heard about the advantage of flat Cinestyle and installed in my T2i. I have learned Premiere pro enough to to cut edit things. Now what is confusing me is the colour correction / grading workflow. Premiere seems to having more than one tools to achieve this.  I know speedgrade is there for this specific purpose. But I don't want to take this to speedgrade as my system is not powerful enough and I also have not installed it. I want this project to be done in première pro cc.

I have seen people using these tools
1) Cineon converter

2) Three way color corrector

3) RGB curves

4) Luma curve.

5) Unsharp mask

I have basic understanding how these tools works but I don't know which order they have to be used  I can seen Three way colour corrector can be used with out using cineon converter. But in videos I have seen people first applying cineon converter then Three way color corrector then RGB curves finally Sharpening. I also see Three way color corrector can be used to do the same thing of RGB curves. RGB curves also can be used to do the same thing of three way color corrector. Why use both? What is the different?

What is the cine-style workflow you recommend? Can some give me a guidance. I have so confused after seeing numerous You tube tutorials.

I also saw a creative cow tutorial about correcting skin tone using four point garbage mask. But sadly that tutorial was cs6 I can't get garbage mask working in CC. Any good tutorial to correct skin tones?

I also love to hear about your suggestion in colour grading. Eg: What colours work for this type of montage

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the cinestyle profile ties together with their lut. you dont have to use it, but it should get you in the ballpark of a good picture in premiere.

Technicolor Cinestyle Tutorial on Vimeo

the lut that is included with the cinestyle download is .mga, which premiere cannot read. so you can either convert it or use a plugin to load the lut.

Red Giant | LUT Buddy

this program is free, and lets you use .mga luts and can also convert the lut. i would probably go ahead and convert it to .cube and place that new file here

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015\Lumetri\LUTs\Technical

that will then allow the new lut to show up in the lumetri panel, basic correction tab, lut pulldown menu. from there you can just use the lumetri panel to apply the lut, and even save it as a preset if you wish.

to actually use the cinestyle lut, you should create an adjustment layer above all your footage and apply it there, instead of having to apply it to each and every single clip. any titles and clips that aren't from the canon would need to be on a track above that adjustment layer, so they wont have the lut applied. depending on what you do for a style/look, you may also need another adjustment layer above the first one, to use another instance of the lumetri effect for the style. the adjustment layer(s) now set, you should have a decent look, but may notice individual clips vary in brightness, contrast, etc. you will then have to go back over each clip, make sure the clip is selected and not the adjustment layer, and use the lumetri color panel to make the clips match each other. you can use the reference monitor for comparisons of clips, and/or save pictures of a few shots that you want to use as reference shots, to make everything else match those. there are endless color correction video's on youtube if you want to get into it...

i would recommend you just stick with the lumetri color panel as much as possible, instead of digging thru the many premiere color correction effects to accomplish the same thing. why different tools, curves vs three way? alot is personal preference, but some effects have tools/features others dont.  Lumetri Color Panel explained - Premiere Pro CC 2015 - YouTube

as far as the skin tone tutorial, the garbage mattes have been removed, just use the mask buttons in the opacity effect, in the effects panel to create the mask.

Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Masking and Tracking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines