• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean Up Clips - Best Practice?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of occasions where I set up my camera (Olympus E-M1mkIII) to take a half hout of video. Out of that half hour video I have 2-3 clips that I want to separate. I'm looking for the bext practice as to how to do this. One complication is that during the half hour video, the camera automatically creates 4GB files. It is also 4K video.

Here's what I do now.

1. Open a new Premiere Pro project.

2. Import that several files that make up tis 1/2 hour video.

3. String the files together in the timeline.

4. Create Markers In and Out for each clip I want to save.

5. Go to first clip - Render Sequence

6. Export Sequence in 4k Quicktime format.

7. Go back and repeat for each clip.

Step 6 takes a long time.

Is there a more effective way of doing this?

A little more information.

In this case I am filming the start of several running races (5k, 1/2 Marathon, Full Marathon). I place a camera on an overpass overlooking the start finish line and get it started, before the first race. Then I turn it off after all the starts are completed. I end up with 4-5 4GB files of video. And I want to clip out a separate video clip (to go into my Asset Managaement System) for the start of each race.

Thanks for any guidance.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An impovement to your workflow would be at steps 5 & 6.

Don't render the sequence - leave that for when exporting to QT (I'm assuming you are using Prores?).

Set your in and out points for the first clip, go to export, choose or set your QuickTime export settings, then hit 'queue' instead of 'export'. This will put this render into Media Encoder. Set the in/out for your next clip in the sequence, then same steps as above - queue this into Media Encoder as well. Do this for all the clips and once done - start the exporting in Media Encoder.

The advantage: you can leave Media Encoder chugging away with all your exports with no further input from you. You can also contiue editing something else at the same time.

An alternative might be to use > File > Project Manager and Consolidate & Transcode an edited sequence of just the shots you want to keep, though this will tie up Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines