• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clear Timeline Markers

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example: When I use a source file for project 1, and then use the same file again for project 2, Premiere Pro remembers all of the markers from project 1.  But I want to start over fresh from the original file.  How do I get the program to start from the original?  I've tried deleting the media cache, but that didn't seem to do anything.  It still remembered right after deleting it all. Help!

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

MyerPj is correct about clip vs sequence markers, but if you want to make clip markers that are only project specific then this is the setting you want to adjust:

XMP.png

You're writing the markers to the metadata of the clip so it's going to exist in all projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have been using CLIP marker as opposed to timeline markers. I'm so glad it works the way you describe. If you don't want that behavior, don't have a clip selected when you add a marker. Then you will get a timeline marker and it is sequence/project specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I DO want them as clip markers, not timeline sequences.  I just don't want them to carry over from project to project.  Phillip's answer below is more helpful and accurate to my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MyerPj is correct about clip vs sequence markers, but if you want to make clip markers that are only project specific then this is the setting you want to adjust:

XMP.png

You're writing the markers to the metadata of the clip so it's going to exist in all projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can of course "Clear all markers" ... from the Markers menu or Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-Alt-M.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines