• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click/clip sound when 2 sound files meet - even there on exported video

Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that if I cut a sound file or put 2 sound files next to eachother (or to video files with sound for that matter) when playing back I hear a small click sound. I never used to worry about it as when I exported it, it was not there, however I've recently noticed that the exported file still has it. The only solution is putting a tiny crossfade between ALL audio files. This doesnt seem right?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's pretty standard for editors to put a 5 frame or so crossfade between audio edits to smooth them out and reduce that pop usually with the Constant Power audio transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are your source properties?  do they all have the same sampling rate that match the sequence settings..  generally audio for video should be at least 48k 16 bit aiff or wavs which are uncompressed formats.  something like mp3's are more likely to have problems.    I do see this happen every once in a while, and then do as gerikp103... suggests but usually just add 1 or 2 frame dissolve.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply guys. I definitely haven't always had to do this so something isn't right..

The audio files are 48000Hz and so is the timeline.. I'm not sure how to tell if either are 16bit. I have a feeling I set my DR-10 recorder to 24bit so could it be that that is 24bit and the timeline is 16bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines