Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip disappears when making frame holds in Premier Pro

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am pulling my hair out over this little bug in my work flow. I am buildign a composite video where pieces fly throgh the air and build the final product. I am using frame holds to lock the pice in its location, but I've bumped into an issue where the clip simply disappears where the frame hold starts. So it'll play throught the actual video portion fine and then *bloop* the playhead hits the frame hold and the clip dissapears in the video. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use the camera icon in your program monitor to create a still until the problem is figured out with frame-hold.

Use the camera and then take the picture you created into your time-line.

As far as the frame-hold goes you might want to try re-setting preferences...Shut down Premiere.

On Windows click on the Premiere Icon to open the app while holding shift/control/alt and let your system make changes

On Mac same procedure but hold down shift/command/option. Hope that this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera solution is perfect! That'll achieve what I need to button this up. Ill give the reset a try as well. Thanks for the help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are you using for the moving piece? An image or a video?

How did you add the frame hold?

Did you add a position/rotation etc...  keyframe in the effects controls panel for the layer and right click it and set it to hold? or did you right click the layer and select "add a frame hold" ... ?

🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines