Highlighted

Clip Duration is significantly shorter in Premiere than it actually is

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 8 clips that very from 10 - 12 minutes, all shot at the same time from the same camera. I can watch them and they are fine from my drive but when I import them, 5 out of 8 are the correct length and 3 out of 8 are only 30 seconds or less in duration when the original are over 10 minutes. What's going on? Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clip Duration is significantly shorter in Premiere than it actually is

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 8 clips that very from 10 - 12 minutes, all shot at the same time from the same camera. I can watch them and they are fine from my drive but when I import them, 5 out of 8 are the correct length and 3 out of 8 are only 30 seconds or less in duration when the original are over 10 minutes. What's going on? Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 05, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera would that be?

Post screenshot of a clip in MediaInfo in treeview.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon 60 D - I've used it for dozens of projects and edited them in FCP and Premiere and never had this problem before

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2017 0
Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete from project.

Clear media cache.

rename topfolder footage is in.

reimport.

See how that goes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, i want to say thank you and I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. However, This didn't work. Also, I'm sure what tree mode is and when I google it I get nothing about it. Hopefully this will work instead.

clip in premiere.png

That's the clip in premiere, notice the length of the clip for MVI_8023.MOV (canon 60d file - editing this straight everyday, no problem)

clip info.png

Notice the duration of the clip. That's the clip I bring directly into premiere. I've tried every way of importing. Ive cleaned the cache. I tried new projects. I've reinstalled premiere on multiple computers. It does this to random clips but always the same ones.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2017 0
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the clip through Mediainfo.

See what is says.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post outcome in treeview here on forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like this?

media info.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very strange: it does say 11m48sec.

Unfortunately I dont have a straight answer.

Might want to run them through Handbrake.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't show us the column headers in post 4.  Are we looking at Media Duration, or Video Duration?  The former shows the full clip, the latter shows between In/Out points.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure which one you're referring to by clip 4 but if it's the media bin from Premiere with the 4 clips then the in and out points are blue but the duration is one column to the right of it. Does this help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run it through handbrake, handbrake crashes every time. Is there a way to do it with media encoder or anything from Adobe CC?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tossing out a random idea. What if you duplicated the clip and renamed it in your Finder and then imported it in to Premiere Pro?

Or perhaps tried opening it up in Quicktime and saving it as a new file from there.

If you started a new Premiere Pro project and imported the same batch of files do you have the same problem with the same clips?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have exactly the same issue and i have tried duplicating and renaming and unfortunately it does not work and the videos are shorter in premier pro and in after effects as well (camera Cannon 70D)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Don't know the solution but something tells me it might have to do with the clips being in PAL rather than NTSC. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0