Highlighted

Clip FX Editor keeps opening when I click on timeline clips

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every two or three times that I click on an audio clip in the timeline, the Clip FX Editor - Multiband Compressor window opens right in front of what I'm doing. All the clips have the multi band compressor applied. I have to close the window every time so that I can make the edits I want. It's driving me mad. Anyone have a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clip FX Editor keeps opening when I click on timeline clips

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every two or three times that I click on an audio clip in the timeline, the Clip FX Editor - Multiband Compressor window opens right in front of what I'm doing. All the clips have the multi band compressor applied. I have to close the window every time so that I can make the edits I want. It's driving me mad. Anyone have a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Single or double clicking?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Single click. I only happens about half the time. Even if I move the window instead of closing it, it'll pop back up blocking my timeline again after a few more clicks on audio clips.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

Are you (perhaps unwittingly) clicking on the FX badge?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely not what's happening, although I suspected at one point that's what I was doing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found no solution. But randomly, the issue has 99% disappeared this week. I have no idea why. Really annoyed that you can't park these FX windows in a spot and keep them there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution? I'm having the same problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2017 0
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Clip FX editor is new.  I went onto chat for help and the best thing we can do is remove the effect, edit as normal and then add the effects after all cuts have been made.  Not a great solution by any means but it might suffice until they can figure it out.  I haven't tried this yet but we could try editing the clip in Adobe Audition (add the same effects) and then go back into Premiere and edit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still p**ses me off. Whenever 'Selection follows playhead' is selected this happens. Seems like clunky design to me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seen this too, quite annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2018 1