• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

clip stops playing midway premiere pro after adding lumetri color

Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having serious problems trying to edit my video. Firstly the app kept crashing, I would close it and then I would have to restart my laptop.

Then I created a new sequence and then added in the clips but I seem to be having problems on drone clips, I know the codec is high but I wasn't not having issues prior to this.

Please see the below screen recording.

https://youtu.be/a6gQrr_HHzw

Every time I color edit the clip just freezes.

Can anybody please advise as I need to deliver to my client this weekend.

Thank you,

David

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

I think you might be working with a lot of H.264/265 clips there, long-GOP media. You have several options:

- transcoding it to a full intraframe like say ProRes Lt (propbably adequate for your needs);

- creating proxies in Premiere for work during playback;

- render & replace the sequence to a full intrframe codec like again ProResLt, then export to that, with re-import set.

Use that exported/reimported file as a master to make H.264 exports or whatever other deliverables you need.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might be working with a lot of H.264/265 clips there, long-GOP media. You have several options:

- transcoding it to a full intraframe like say ProRes Lt (propbably adequate for your needs);

- creating proxies in Premiere for work during playback;

- render & replace the sequence to a full intrframe codec like again ProResLt, then export to that, with re-import set.

Use that exported/reimported file as a master to make H.264 exports or whatever other deliverables you need.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil.

how can I transcode to ProRes Lt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either in MediaEncoder or Premiere.

Select the media in MediaEncoder, and apply a ProRes Lt preset to it. (I'd tend to do it in Me). Then adjust the settings if you wish. You can do a full folder or folders of media in batches.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume thats correct below? Once they are converted I just relink to those files and use them in the project yes?

Thanks for the help,

David

Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.54.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's to ProRes Proxy, which is a bit "lighter" than Lt ... but it's the same process.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, thats the only ProRes Lt preset I can see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the ProRes encoding presets that MediaEncoder has on my Win10 machine ...

Neil

ProRes LT ME Encoding Presets.PNG

ā€ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. You've been a great help. I found them. One more question, what is the difference between the quicktime and apple formats? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good question. No clue!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines