• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip with alpha channel appears incorrectly

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my OSX to catalina lately, and ever since I experience a troubling issue with clips that contain alpha channel.

I export the clip from AE with alpha channel, RGB+.

When I import to Premiere is seams that one of the color channels is missing, and the whole apperance is completely wrong.

I tried to export as either Animaion or ProRes 4:4:4

I tried all the possible options of the alpha channel section in the interpret footage dialog.

Nothing helpes so far.

Any suggestions?

Attached are screen shots from AE (the graphics as it should look) and PP (the wrong appearance)

iMac Pro OSX 10.15.7

Premiere Pro 14.7.0

TOPICS
Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what's wrong with your workflow, but as a workaround you can export a separate alpha channel file and composite in premiere.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

The thing is that nothing has changed in my workflow, I work this way for years with no problem.

Your workaround can work, but I edit in Adobe Premiere Pro for the simplicity of workflows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines