• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip won't play after edit is complete

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! And thanks for taking the time to read. I have a really weird issue going on with Premiere which is completely new to me. I've just finished several short edits with 2 cameras. The 4k camera plays fine all the way through, the 6k clip (H.265) is a struggle for the laptop, but it gets through and the edit is complete. I close down the computer and come back to it, and although there are 17 of these mini edits, 3 of them won't play the any of the 6k camera and instead, just display the opening frame (instead of the sequence) all the way through, but sound is good.

Fixes I have tried:

Re-encoding the footage with media encoder. It falls down half way through the encode and won't finish the clip. So I end up with half a programme.

Editing the footage on an older MAC. This sorts the problem in that the edit plays all the way through, but the render time for each 3 minute sequence is running out at 24 hours per programme.

Any thoughts? The newer editing laptop is a PC with 32 meg of memory. When I play the clips outside of Premiere, they all play no probs.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, have you tried working with proxies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To anyone who is interested: Oddly the problems continued and more H.265 just ended up as static frames for the entire clip. In the end, I copied all the H.265 onto the main drive of the PC which made rendering the programme quicker and more stable.  For clips that were 'frozen' I either transcoded them on the PC or the MAC and when everything was playing out ok, I transcoded the whole programme into the highest quality quicktime file as that was the least likely to fall over. From QT 4444xf (I think that is right?), it was a quick recode to H.264 for YT and a deep sigh of relief for each project completed. 

Lesson learnt - until playing with the MAC m1 chip, just leave H.265 well alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines