Clips appear desaturated in Premiere

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with some DNxHR 444 12-bit clips I exported from Resolve.

In Resolve, they appear the way I want them.

In MPC, they appear the way I want them.

When I import them into Premiere, they become desaturated. Images below.

1: As it appears in Resolve

2: As it appears after exporting as a DNxHR, played in MPC

3: As it appears in Premiere

resolve2.pngmpc.jpgpremiere2.png

How do I fix this so the colours match in Premiere?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update

After closing Premiere, going to bed and starting it back up this morning, this problem is mostly gone. I tried restarting yesterday but it didn't work then.

However, the colours still aren't quite right. The brightness isn't all the way there yet. I compensated by adding an adjustment layer with Lumetri set to Whites: 30.

Right now, I can't tell the difference between the current version in Premiere and the Resolve export. I still think it's pretty poor that I have to do this to make the shots match but oh well.

So maybe the problem was just a fluke or maybe the solution is a fluke or maybe the contrast/gamma setting randomise each day. I'll give an update after some time to see how things go from here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any system info? We have nothing to go on, Tomathan. Often, this is a macOS issue and using P3 monitors. Is this your situation?

Thanks,

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gigabyte AERO 17 HDR

Windows 10 Pro

i9-10980HK

32GB RAM

RTX 2080 Super MaxQ

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro has some "anamolous"  reactions to DNxHD/R 4444 12-bit. My recollection is it treats them like an RGB format,  rather than YUV as Avid tends to see it. I don't remember what behavior that causes for the image viewing within Premiere.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines